Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Cutest Neighbor Ever!

My husband and my daughter are two true bird lovers. I think it comes from my mother in law. I love birds too, but I simply can't memorize their names and songs. It's beyond my brain capacity. I've learned a few species that we often see in our neighborhood, but as soon as we get out in the woods I'm lost. I guess my husband will be the one to teach our kids zoology. I'll take the math! ;-)

We have this cute little bird nesting house outside our kitchen window. We all enjoy watching our neighbors eat and play while we have breakfast. (Our bird neighbors, that is. We are not that strange!) In wintertime all birds use it as a food table. And when Spring comes I am always so excited to see who will move in and make it a home. Last year we had this little guy as our neighbor. (Yep, I know it's a blue tit! Yay!)


I made this layout for Lilith's class over at My Scrapbook Nook board. Lilith is one of my favorite scrapbookers at the time. Everything she makes blows me away! So inspiring!

I used the March kit featuring My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up  line. The more I create with it, the more I like it. It's so soft and beautiful, but still vibrant and bright. Love it! My Mind's Eye just never disappoint you. Here are some closeups.



So, did you know that My Scrapbook Nook is having a DT call? My heart starts to jump just thinking about it... I was a guest designer for 4 months shortly after I started to scrap, and it was the best scrap related thing that ever happened to me. Can't even describe how much a regular DT spot would mean to me. I love that place! I love the kits, I love the people, I love the atmosphere on the board. You could call it my scrap-home. It's the one place I always return to. Even though I hate the feeling of being rejected, especially when something means this much to me, I think I'll have to take down my shield, put my self out there, make my self vulnerable and give it a try. I know I would regret it if I don't. Sigh.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you like my cute little neighbor. 
Have a nice day my dear creative friends!

10 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW Alex!
The punched circles are just Brilliant...Love this Design....

Well! I personally think your Scrappin is MIND BLOWING & I Sooooooooo think you Would be a FAN FAB U LAS addition to this My Scrap Nook Family!!!

Elena Stefanidou said...

Hey,Alex,i think you should definately give it shot.You are GOOD and even if you don;t make it(you will),it will worth the effort.
Perfect layout and good luck.

Samantha Wright said...

This is brill I love it!

danni reid. said...

i certainly hope you do ;) i love your style sweet alex and love our time on the nook boards together. gorgeous layout as always!

alexandra s.m. said...

Hi alex,

At first I saw that adorable bird and thought you had use some super cute stickers or something!

I love your lay-out and how you have played along the negative circle. It 's such a creative way to repeat it like this!

Love the palette also, absolutely perfect for the theme and I simply envy you! I'd love to have that chubby guy as my neighbor ;o)

Good Luck for the DT, I can totally relate and I think they would be crazy not to pick you! There ;-)

Shannon91 said...

Very original et funny !!! So cute ...
Bizz

Nenne said...

Oj, ooj oj, Du är som gjord för the nook gumman, tveka inte en sekund! Trust me on this one: you'll make it!

Jody said...

Great LO! I love all the negative punch outs you used!

LG said...

fun page! loving all the use of circles here

pruts said...

really love this idea !!!