Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Departures

I am up on the October Afternoon blog today, joining Mou in her color scheme challenge. The colors are a perfect match with the Travel Girl, so I was good to go as soon as I saw Mou's inspiring picture.



I created this layout to tell the story about how much Linnea loves visiting her grandparents. She loves to sleep over. Especially without us, her parents. Usually, we have to nag and nag and nag in the morning for her to get ready for preschool. But not when she is going to her grandparents. This morning she was all happy and bouncy. She put her clothes on in no time and she even packed her bag all by herself. She insisted to carry her bag even though it looked pretty heavy. It's not often you can see her standing outside the door waiting and nagging us to hurry.



I stamped a lot of "go" in different colors, punched them out and used them as embellishments. At first, I wanted to stamp directly on my layout, but this felt safer. It also adds a little bit of dimension to the page. I wanted my stamps to feel a little grungy and not so clear and crispy, so I used water based distress inks.


I love all the bits and pieces that come with each October Afternoon collection. Here I have used cards from the miscellany pack, alphas, shape and word stickers, tidbits and a brad. All those fun embellishments make scrapping so easy.

Now you can buy the Travel Girl collection kit over at Paper Issues. I love that the kit now includes 2 sheets of each paper. It's impossible to choose the favorite side :-) If you decide to get a kit, feel free to use my code ALEX20 and you will receive 20% off your entire order. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

Oh my, Alex!! This is just super duper adorable!! Love it!!

Ashley Horton said...

Really cute Alex! Love the use of the color scheme and the fun Go stamps!!

Nenne said...

SNYGGT!

Stacy said...

Brads are one of my favorite embellishments! Great new line - very fun!!